Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers' Day

Thank you to all the MEN who helped raise, guide and love us.
Mr. M & "MagPie"

Fathers seldom say"I Love You",
though the feeling's always there.
But somehow those little words
are the hardest ones to share.

And Fathers say "I Love You"
in ways that words don't match.
With tender bedtime stories,
Mr. M and "Berry"
or a friendly game of catch
You can see the words
"I Love You"
In a father's boyish eyes
When he runs home,
 all excited
with a poorly wrapped surprise
A Father says I Love You
with his strong helping hands
with a smile when you're in trouble
with the way he understands
He says I Love You haltingly
and with awkward tenderness
(Its hard to help a four yr old into her party dress)
He speaks his love unselfishly
By giving all he can
To make a secret dream come true,
Mr. M and "George"
or follow through a plan.
A father's seldom spoken love,
Sounds clearly through the years-
Sometimes in peals of laughter,
Sometimes in happy tears.

Perhaps they have to speak their love
Ina fashion all their own.
Because the love that fathers feel
Is TOO big for words alone
   -Anonymous-

To Mr M.,
   My loving spouse and father of our children
 
To all 3 of my Dads,
     How blessed was I to have more than one!

    To my Brother,
       from whom I learned love has no boundries

        To my Uncles,
            Who showed me how to live life to the fullest!
The whole crew...minus me of course!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a touching and beautiful post. It gave me a lump in my throat. Diane

    ReplyDelete