Friday, July 1, 2011

Love that Shot.....Reflection

Okay while I have been bust trying to acquire some new clients here in Sheridan, I have been enjoying all the photo challenges over at
 

One of the challenges this week is "Reflections". Seems easy enough right?  Most of you know that I am rarely a girl that takes the easy route.  Plus I really didn't have any true reflection shots to share. (Gotta put that on the to do list.)  So I thought that "Reflections" could also be about the past and moments in our history that affected who and where we are today.

I have spent a good time wandering around my new home town being amazed at the beauty you see everywhere.  (Even smack dab in the middle of downtown on Main street)  Sheridan is a town very proud of it Wild West heritage. Here's an excellent link to get to know my town a bit better for yourself!
http://www.sheridanwyoming.org/hi.php

But don't let the cowboy way fool you into thinking that this is just another hick town.  Scattered through out downtown are modern art sculptures.  Sometime this summer I plan on taking the walking tour to see them all and the stories behind them.  But on of my absolute favorites is right across from my second home, the LIBRARY!  It is absolutely stunning and definately a throw back to Sheridans' cowboy days.  Cool Water has to be a stop if you ever make it to my neck of the woods.

Here's my take on it.  He looks so REAL, doesn't he?

Many historic buildings dot the surrounding area and streets.  Kings Museum, The Sheridan Inn and Kendrick Mansion are all within walking distance.  Don't feel like walking?  Catch the trolley, it makes trips to all these and more all day long.  Best thing is it only costs a buck!  WOO HOO!



And when city life crowds in and gets to me I can simply drive a few minutes and capture the wonders of wide open spaces.









Hope you enjoyed my "Reflections" and as always I love reading what you think of them as well.  So leave a comment and then go check out the other wonderful entries in this challenge.

http://lovethatshot.com/blog/2011/06/30/reflections-photo-challenge/

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I didn't comment on this post Teresa - I read it. The pictures are awesome, very unusual picture of Trail End, too. Diane

    ReplyDelete