Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day Four...It's Not Easy Being GREEN.

Yes I totally ripped off Kermit and it was bad manners but I just couldn't resist seeing how todays' challenge was   the color GREEN. 

 Well that shouldn't be too hard huh?  Green is all around us......it's literally everywhere.  But I didn't just want to go out to my backyard or around my neighborhood and snap just any ole picture.  I wanted something different and unique.   I thought and thought until my thinker got sore.  Tricky as my kiddos were doing what they do best...giggling, laughing, squealing, playing and rough housing.  Not the best plan for the day as Mr. M has just recently started working over nights again. 

 What to do...what to do...


Eureka!  Off the kids and I went to the park so they could frolic in the creek.  They had been begging me to do just that for over a week now.  SCORE! (Of course I packed the camera along just in case I wanted to snap a few of them playing.  I mean let's face it.... I take it with me everywhere anyways.)

I got to watch them play and splash and just be the darlings they are and as loud as they wanted to.  We skipped rocks, had splash fights, shared a huge waffle cone and then watched a momma ducks and her babies waddle right on by us. While skipping stones with my eldest child, hidden almost in plain sight, a gem of a green appeared.

Being a Washington state native I miss my great and beautiful Pacific Ocean.  And while I didn't live on the coast  I lived close enough to take a weekend trip from time to time to visit it's shores.  And every trip I always looked for drift wood, shells, and the greatest treasures.....sea glass.  So when I spotted my green for the challenge I was instantly transported and warm salty memories flooded back to me.

So there in the middle of Sheridan, Wyoming I had found my unique portrait.  It evoked strong emotion and memories like every good portrait should.  While it may not provide you all with the sense of wonder it did for me, I hope you enjoy it all the same.

Wyoming Sea glass

No comments:

Post a Comment