Sunday, February 19, 2012

Loganne's Birthday Bonanza!

So I have been absent as of late in my posting here on the blog.  But as most of us know life can just creep in and suck up all of our free time before we even realize it has.  The challenge is, that when you realize your time has been commandeered, how do you get it back.  Well in my case you grab the bull by the horns and take it back.

For the past couple of months I have been absent due to educational differences with my eldest daughters teacher.  There have been meetings, therapy, counseling, tears from both frustrated parents and child.  It wasn't til about a week ago that I realized my youngest daughter Loganne had a birthday on the very near horizon.  

Here's where the bull comes in...time was not my friend a week ago.  It was time for the dreaded class conferences for all four of my kiddos.  And just guess when they were scheduled?  Yup you guessed it smack dab right on her birthday.  So what is a Mom to do?  Here is where I took control...While I don't suggest everyone do this, it was ABSOLUTELY necessary for me and my family to do so.  We played HOOKIE!  I mean you only turn 7 once, right?  And so much of out time had been focused on an elder sibling that we wanted to make sure that she knew we still loved her and we hadn't forgotten her on her very special day.

It is a standing tradition that the birthday child gets to choose one activity to attempt as a family and after said activity also gets to choose where we go to eat dinner.  Well this year she decided that we all should go bowling.  Woohoo!  I was excited!  I mean I rank PRO in Bowling on Wii Sports so this should be great, right?  (This comment comes back to bite me big time)  The kids had a blast! Mr M. and I, well let's just say we enjoyed seeing the kids let go and have some go ole fashion fun for a change.  The big winner of the evening was my littlest man with a whopping score of 97.  I am not going to reveal what the rest of us scored as we are too ashamed and don't want to rain on his parade.  LOL  After bowling we headed out to have pizza which was followed by the usual gifts,cake and ice cream.  

As I tucked her into bed I whispered to her that the next day would bring even more surprises for her.  But only if she went to sleep right away.  Boy did she ever clamp those peepers shut in  a hurry.  And bright and early the very next morning she woke me up eager to find out what surprises her mommy had in store.  

We got dressed and headed out the door for her very first trip to the beauty salon to get all dolled up for her birthday pictures.  She was a trooper as we had to sit for almost 2 hours to get this accomplished despite being the first ones into the shop that day.  Poor stylist was there by all herself and was working like a mad woman to get everything done.  But not to let that deter her spirit she patiently chit chatted with everyone in the shop while she waited and waited and waited.  When we finally left she was a beautiful young lady!

Pictures on my kiddos birthday can go one of two ways.......Really well



OR......Not so much!  




And while I love taking their photos no matter how they look, they on the other hand can sometimes feel a bit sullen at the prospect of having them done.  I had a particular idea in mind for Loganne's this year, and while it did take a bit of coaxing to get er done, the results are exactly what we wanted.  


I even broke down and bought my very first 16 x 20 canvas print.  I have to say I LOVE my local printing house.  They may not offer all the bells and whistles of some of the bigger print houses out there but when it comes down to getting excellent customer service and print quality they are the BOMB!




No comments:

Post a Comment